I am glad to share that vRealize Operations Manager 6.0 is out today. I have been writing a series about this release of the operations management suite in a series here. The release will now allow me to take you deep into the great new features and the recommended best practices to design, deploy and use the solution for effective performance management and capacity planning for EVERYTHING in your datacenter.
Here is what the release notes say about the product:-
- Scale-Out Deployment ArchitectureThis release provides distributed deployment with elastic scale and higher scalability.
- Unified User InterfaceThis release introduces a single user interface to manage vSphere as well as non vSphere domains. You can create powerful, flexible custom dashboards enabling you to bring any information you want into the management console.
- Licensing Management in 6.0vRealize Operations Manager 6.0 has an independent license-management GUI that provides enhanced administration of license keys specific to vRealize Operations. Customers can now deploy mixed editions in a single vRealize Operations 6.0 instance.
- Smart AlertsSmart alerts combine multiple symptoms to generate a single alert that focuses on the underlying issue with clear recommendations and option to take action for remediation.
- Enhanced ReportingEnhanced reporting provides several out-of-the-box reports with the ability to generate fully customizable reports.
- Capacity Planning and Project Management CapabilitiesNew capacity planning and project management capabilities extend beyond vSphere and across physical and application level metrics. Flexible capacity models can be adjusted to meet different business needs.
- Custom PoliciesCustom policies can applied for specific workload types, applications or clusters enabling more advanced monitoring of performance, capacity and configuration standards.
- Automated Remediation of ProblemsIntegrated action and remediation capabilities with the ability to apply actions according to the recommendation for the alerts.
- User Access Control ManagementImproved user access control, including granular role-based access control.
- Unified Storage VisibilityNew storage visibility shows the correlation between the application group and the storage infrastructure supporting it, including HBA's, Fabric and Arrays, along with the ability to trace operational issues all the way to storage.
Here are the links to the Product Documentation and Download.