Thursday, September 10, 2015

SAP on VMware Series : It's all about the Design!

Some time back I tweeted about the value of doing a series around running SAP workloads on VMware and I got a positive response from the community as this is still considered to be a black art. I was lucky to learn from some of the best in the industry and I am referring to an ex-colleague and a great friend on mine : Kasim Hansia

While Kasim is the right person to write this series, he is too busy selling the Nutanix boxes now a days :-) Fortunately, in my recent projects, I had the opportunity to apply what I have learnt from Kasim overtime and I thought it would be useful for the community if I could bring all those learning's in a multi-part series. With this series I will take an example of a specific SAP module and design the upstream and downstream dependencies keeping in mind the Availability, Performance, Scalability, Manageability and Recoverability for the environment. The goal is to help the architects and customers who plan to migrate or do a greenfield deployment of SAP on x86 virtual platform to get the best of both worlds. The goodness of SAP, the features of vSphere and the stability of the vSphere platform.

I did a similar series around Architecting vSphere a couple of years back and it was well received by the readers. I will try and do a similar or better job on this. You can bookmark this page if you are interested as I will keep on adding the links to all the parts right on this article.




No comments:

Post a Comment